Sunday 14 December 2008

Al Hamra Estates Maintains Dismal Customer Service Record

The following recent comments from EyeOnWorldwide forum speak for themselves:

Posted by jennybeales, Monday, December 15, 2008
Regarding car parking space - They said I have 'Full right of occupancy' but that I do not have 'ownership title deed' on the space. I can send you the pdf letter if you pm me your email add.
Also, I am putting down a lot more than 60% before completion. I think it is 75%. I am getting very worried as it's a long time to have money tied up if project continues to be delayed. And judging on the other phases - there have been major delays.
I haven't signed any contracts yet, so I might try and push the percentage downpayment down to 60%.

Posted by dubaisalvo, Monday, December 15, 2008
"Is anyone concerned that the price of Al-Hamra properties are nearly half the price of properties on Al-Marjan?"

NO.....

Location Ras Al Khaimah District, Al Hamra Village
Approx. size 455 sq.ft
Floor no. 3rd
Approx. price AED 515,000
View Sea
Completion date December 2009
Consultant's name Natalya Shapovalova

Location Ras Al Khaimah, Ras Al Khaimah District, Marjan Island
Approx. size 445 sq.ft
Floor no. 2nd
Approx. price AED 540,750
View Sea
Completion date June 2011
Consultant's name Natalya Shapovalova

Posted by Astral, Monday, December 15, 2008
I've also got a studio in a Royal Breeze building. Last time I was there (May 2008) I was told that Royal Breeze is part of Phase 3 and won't be ready until at least 2010.

I've made 3 instalments so far, 20% each, the remaining 40% is due on completion. I have had to wrestle them first for the contract, then for the receipts. I am still waiting for receipts, I have received one in person, one by email and am waiting for the last one for the April 2008.
After much pestering I did manage to get a statement of account by email. I think that is the key, to continue poking and prodding until they reply.

I was aware that the parking space was included in the property size before reserving the property. The agent let me know about it, and it's probably in the contract too. I didn't know that you don't own it though. How does that work? Is it a lease?

I am also waiting for a response on the beach access for Royal Breeze.

Is anyone concerned that the price of Al-Hamra properties are nearly half the price of properties on Al-Marjan?

Posted by jennybeales, Monday, December 15, 2008
I have no idea on the completion date or where they are at in the development of the Royal Breeze.

I am still fighting them for payment receipt for the instalment that I made last July!!!
Also, I just got an email on car parking space. They have subtracted the size of the carparking space away from the size of the apartment AND I don't even own the car parking space. Has anybody else been shocked by this??? Or did everyone else know.
So my apartment size has gone from 642 sq ft TO 494 sq ft ...............
Posted by emptyquarter, Saturday, December 13, 2008
Marina Block B,
Does anybody know what the procedure is for hand over and has anybody received a handover letter yet?

Normally, one would do some snagging and get a qualified person to look over things. Is there any company or person that offers that service? I think this is especially important as everything was delayed for a long while and is now being rushed to the finish line.

I will be renting it out for a year contract initially and would be grateful for any leads on how to do that.

Posted by glr1, Saturday, December 13, 2008
Hi Jenny and others,
Has anyone received any report on phase 3 completion especially Royal Breeze. Because no one in Al Hamra is sure about this. Once we sign the agreement then we are legally bound by the schedule of payments in the agreement. So if we don’t see any progress and have paid nearly 50%, we have to negotiate with AL HAMRA for a extended payment plan. From their website gallery there r no pictures on Royal Breeze B TYPE townhouse progress.

This is the reply I got from Al Harma on 21.10.08:

Dear Sir

Please be informed that the constructions in phase3 are in full swing, and the pilings (deep foundations) of Buildings RB1 and RB2 are done already, and RB3 pilings are in progress, in addition to more than 100 type A town houses in phase3 concrete structures fully completed. We are still expecting the completion of the whole phase including Type B Town houses to be between End of 2009 – Mid of 2010

Is anyone aware of the actual progress and can anyone advice on what to do?

Posted by palmtree, Friday, December 12, 2008
I have an apt in marina Block B but still had no letter of completion. I wonder if all owners had received a letter of completion or not? I would appreciate an advice on this.

Posted by mantapla, Friday, December 12, 2008
I bought in RB 8 in April and in July ( I paid only 15% ) I received SPA. My payment plan is 15% every four months and 40 % on completion.

Posted by jennybeales, Thursday, December 11, 2008
I am in the same position.
I have paid about 50% of the total for an apartment in Royal Breeze, and I still haven't signed any contracts.
I am due to make another payment but I feel that as the completion date is not going to be made that the payments should be deferred.

Also, I think I have to make 85% of the total value, before completion, in staggered payments. This is a lot of money to have tied up with no return.

I don't know what to do. Why would 1 person have to put 60% down and another have to put 85% down? It doesn't make any sense.

Posted by glr1, Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Dear Investors in Royal Breeze, does any one have an idea about the progress of ROYAL BREEZE-TOWNHOUSES IN PHASE 3?

I have a unit in PHASE 3 TYPE B TOWNHOUSE-102. I had bought it thro GLOBAL ESTATES in May 08 and have paid 47% till date to Global. Global Estates have bought it at a low cost from AL HAMRA and sold it on a high premium to investors. Global Estates have still not given me my receipts till date and they are a rude bunch of people.

Al Hamra has still not given the agreements. There r no progress reports and Al Hamra has stated that completion will be in end 2009 or 1st quarter 2010.

Should we make payments? Most of the developers have given extended payment plans but when I mailed Al Hamra they state tht we have to stick to the payment plan, ie 52% over the next 1 year. But I see a lot of units in Royal Breeze on 50% during construction and 50% on completion only. Even RAK properties have agreed to help investors- article in THE NATIONAL on 30.10.08

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20081030/BUSINESS/767004609

Can someone advise me on what to do? We should get together to voice our concern, otherwise I don’t see anything happening.

Posted by Harwood, Monday, December 08, 2008
Was at the Marina buildings on Sunday, haven't been for a month so I was expecting some progress. Could smell paint in Block B and the reception and passage ways look as if they have had another coat of paint, although Block A hadn't it had been masked up for painting.

Swimming pool tiling not quite finished but no activity there, the slipway is now finished it just needs tarmac and brought up to the level of the road.

Lamps have been put on the poles on A/B car parking and light poles erected on C/D parking.

The clubhouse has been partially painted and I am told that will be ready in February, (just by people on site, not management)

A/C in my apartment is on and working (C block), still requires final paint but everything else complete.

Was told there are 40/50 people working on A/B to get them delivered this month and block C will be February (unofficial)

At the present there is one holiday after another so nothing was happening yesterday.

Posted by Cyrus, Monday, December 08, 2008
Dear investors in Royal Breeze,
I think it's a good idea to negotiate with Al hamra real estate regarding the next payment as there is no update, no information or etc about the construction of Royal Breeze.
I think Al hamra real estate is committed to inform all investors about any cancellation, delay or any other problem(s). So far Al hamra real estate has failed to give an honest answer regarding the completion time of RB 1-7 or other sold properties. As far as I know they have completed piling of RB1-3 few months ago but not heard any more news if they have started to do any more work.....

It's a credit crunch, lot of off plan projects in the UAE are on hold/ been cancelled and we have right to know how Al hamra real estate been effected?

Posted by turbo, Sunday, December 07, 2008
Interesting article in TheNational, a small extract:

Six steps to stem the Emirati credit crunch

Third, delays have been a fact in the past and they will only increase now: so master developers must reorganise payment plans in line with construction milestones instead of random time periods. That way, cash flow within the economy makes more sense and liquidity flows cyclically without pausing at developers’ bank accounts. Full Article here:

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20081205/OPINION/617509879/1080

I am considering asking Al Hamra Estates to delay my next payment in line with construction....

Posted by nick4, Saturday, December 06, 2008
This may be of interest to others who have bought in Marina D

Below is the latest e-mail from John Mathew relating to Marina D. He previously stated that Marina D will only be connected to the generators in March 2009, so it looks as though the release date will be in June or July 2009. They are either planning to do a particularly thorough job to ensure that everything works perfectly or they are simply stalling for time due to lack of funds or maybe both.

Quote from John Mathew:

Please be advised that the power connection will be from the generators to start off with and will gradually be shifted to the main power station. We normally seek a time of 3 months to handover the property as we do a complete inspection like calibration, running of all Air conditioners in the unit through out etc. If these things have no hiccups, then the handover could be done earlier too.

Trust the above clarifies your queries raised. Should you need any more clarifications please do write to me!!!

Posted by DEEPAKUDANI, Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Can anyone update me on Royal Breeze Phase 3, Sea View Apts?

Posted by cowboy, Monday, December 01, 2008
Has anyone been told if their townhouse is being handed over before Christmas? We were told about a month ago that 3rd week of December the contractors would hand the keys but have not heard anything since then.

Posted by James, Sunday, November 30, 2008
Any idea what one beds in A B C D are making at the moment or is there any market at the moment

No comments: